For speed optimalization of the 2-pass A* star compatible routing algorithms of BRouter and OSMand ( as I understand the latter uses it now too ), it is interesting to evaluate the route calculation time versus heuristic coefficient value for the 1st pass.

At the first the time drops, because the 1st pass time becomes just small fraction of the total time.

But it reaches the minimum and then it start to grow again, as the 1st pass route becomes less and less optimal. Therefore the 2nd pass cutting outs happens later then with low HR of the 1st pass.

For BRouter the time-optimal coefficient is quite high, typically 1.7-1.8, but it depends on region scenario and used profile. Cases having in average higher road costfactors can afford higher coefficient and vice versa.

For OSMAnd 2nd pass, it may depend on how exactly it is implemented, what algorithm is used.