Op wo 25 mrt. 2020 om 08:15 schreef Lodro Gyamtso <lodrogyam...@gmail.com>:

> this post is special for user "Harry van der Wolf"
>
> who do you think that you are ? who gave you the right to say to other
> people  -* Please test yourself before posting these "theories"*.
> Is your ego and arrogance ? That's why i suggest to you "don't say to
> other people what to do into their personal lives"
>
> i am writing a post having experience of my devices or reading posts from
> other users. I did exactly what you made, i write my thoughts as you did,
> without judging other people. I use only what the others say, just to found
> answers.
>
> Using my old smartphone for a route inside the city of 60 Km, the results
> time is over 1 minute for calculation. With my new smartphone for the same
> route needs less of 20secs to draw the route. With all the navigation apps
> i have mentions before, the route results is 1sec (instantaneously) for
> both of my devices.
>
> p.s
> sorry for my english
> --

I don't want to start a flame here.
My ego is quite alright, thank you. I dare to say that my arrogance level
is quite low apart from the fact that I do consider myself an experienced
user. One who did indeed, till approx 2015, contributed with many map and
artiicle activiets for OsmAnd.

I started with the fact that OsmAnd is slow on longer routes. If you had
followed this htread and the all the posts since 2011, you would have seen
that I have very argued against: 1. slowness of route calculation, 2.
slowness of screen rendering due to the implementation of the rendering.

Secondly: You obviously only tested the calculation time for a route. I
guess you missed my explanation about the route penalties OsmAnd uses and
how that relay improves on accuracy and ETA, especially in cities. To add
to this: Actually only in cities, because as longer the route gets, the
lower the impact of these speed penalties on the route.

Thirdly: Also in the past years I shared multiple times calculation times,
route calculations with different parameters for multiple apps, mainly OAM
based apps though.

So again: Only giving route calculation times is in my eyes not a good way
of testing the several options.

And of course: You are completely free to choose any navigation app you
prefer.

Harry