Just got my NSLU today, as well. Cute little box.

I have no strong feelings either way, but Vittore wsa interested in unslung.

Can we use a USB thumb drive as the "external USB disk"?

If so, that would make the choice immaterial, since I'd want to use one in any case to store the data.

I suppose you lose the extra USB port, however.

Paul