On Mon, March 27, 2006 12:07, Christian Magnusson said:
> I found out that unslung requires an external disk for all extra installed
> packages.

True. If you want a functional system for development, I thing you'll need
it, or a larger CF or USB type card/drive. They have 4GB CF cards now.

> Openslug could be used without any extra hardware, and packages are
> installed in the flash-filesystem. (if they fit)

If they fit.

> I have an USB disk at home, but I will only be able to concentrate on
> doing
> owfs-packages one distributionÂ… and I feel I want to use openslug with
> writeable flash-filesystem.

I would go with unslung to hit the biggest userbase.

> Does anyone else have any experience of unslung and openslug?  How should
> binaries be distributed for unslung?  Tar-files?

The binaries are in ipkg format, similar to debian's dpkg format. I think
there's a template that you can use to roll your own package, and then you
can submit it to be included in the main package archive.

Tim