Haha nice. I'm so glad I don't have to use pure javascript. Typescript is
my client language of choice.

The reality is that you can shift a fair bit of workload from the server to
the browser by utilising javascript frameworks, and at the same time get a
much more responsive, rich, snappy web app. (Almost) the only interaction
with the server is via webapi calls. I say almost because I still
personally use the single page cshtml for authentication and authorisation.

Behind webapi I am still using c#, sql server, entity framework, and even
the entity framework canvas.

Quite frankly, I quite enjoy the challenge, but I do wish they would clean
up the syntax as it really is a downer.