Thanks all. Greg, unfortunately you are spot on. The more I use F#, the
more I see my productivity and quality naturally increase on my home
projects, especially once they start to get a bit complicated. I have
always been firmly in the C# camp, but now that I have a good understanding
of F# I really appreciate the constructs like active pattern matching,
pipelining and partial application. The compiler really does catch nearly
all errors and I haven't had to crack out the debugger for quite a while.
If I had a choice, F# would definitely be my preferred choice.

But, it is true that companies aren't using it. And understandably so -
without a huge pool of developers the risks are enormous. It's a sad fact
that for some languages "their fate does not always seem logical".

Has anyone here tried F#? What were your experiences? If not, was it just
because no one else is using it (totally valid)?

Languages are like social media platforms - if no one is using it then no
one wants to use it.

Thanks for the responses.

</rant>