Actually I think there is room in the Nikon body for the aperture
lever.  The problem is that the throat on the Nikon  mount is smaller
than the K mount, I have an NF t-mount that "fits" into a K mount
opening, it doesn't turn to seat but it's very close.

Cotty wrote:

Pentax register: 45.46mm
Nikon register:  46.50mm

1mm out!

and going the wrong way. Well if I couldn't mill 1 mm off the back of a
Limited, and stick a Nikon flange on, my name's not Dr Frankenstien.

On 6/10/05, P. J. Alling, discombobulated, unleashed:

Don't you have something here backward?

OOPS

Sorry, brain not engaged (when is it?).

Peter is right - the difference is 1mm but going the *right* way. That
means that instead of taking off 1mm from the back of a PK lens, we need
to add 1mm to it, so that it focusses at the Nikon register distance.

This is *much* easier to do.

The problem will be in the adapter - 1mm is awfully small for an adapter
thickness so that it maintains structural integrity (love those Star Trek
buzzwords).

What is remove the Pentax mount, fashion a Nikon mount with new mounting
holes, and add a 1mm spacer ring inbetween, using longer screws. That's
very doable.

Is there space for the aperture lever in a Nikon body? Probably not, so
that bugger will saw right off no problemo.

I'll look around and see if anyone's done it.

Thanks Pete.

Cheers,
 Cotty

___/\__