On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Tom C wrote:

> Yes it's good for Pentax that the new K10D is in such high demand.  It's bad
> that they will inevitably lose some sales (bodies and lenses) because of
> non-supply, especially those potential customers with no reason to have any
> brand-loyalty to Pentax.

2 things:

- Hindsight is a great thing. If they knew that, counterintuitively,
it would outsell their best seller by that margin, they would have
mortgage their derriere to build more.

- Success is judged against expectation. Those that you are suggesting
they will lose, they never had. I am not complaining for not winning
the lottery; I don't play it.

This is a cracking camera that changes the route of photo-equipment
history. Cherish it.

Kostas