On 02/01/07, John Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oh, I'm (mostly) happy with the results I get from the *ist-D.
> The problem comes with the shots I *don't* get, for a variety
> of reasons (the most common ones being failure of the AF system
> to achieve a lock fast enough in low light/low contrast scenes,
> or the buffer filling up during a multi-shot sequence).
>
> I see the K10D as primarily an improvement in ergonomics, not
> a needed upgrade for better image quality.

The K10D definitely has some attractive attributes but for me the
increased resolution isn't strictly one of them. WRT actual ergonomics
I find that the grip is just too wide to feel comfortable in my hand
and the control wheels are a stretch. Also the manual WB which I use a
lot is less well thought out than it in on the *ist D. As such I'm
still shooting my *ist D far more than I expected that I would prior
to my K10D purchase.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA