On Feb 24, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Carlos Royo wrote:

> Thanks Boris, Steve, Jack, Thibouille, Paul and everyone who is
> contributing to this thread. Your answers are very useful, the PDML
> is a
>   great place to stay in, full of nice people. I should have posted
> this
> question before instead of debating myself for days.
>
> The second part of the question would be: What do you think about the
> high ISO performance of the K10D? Is it much worse than the D or DS?

I've always found the K10D to be about on par with the DS. It has
better dynamic range at ISO 1600 but a slightly noisier appearance if
you don't get the exposure right on the money. Others have complained
bitterly about noise, pattern artifacts, etc etc, but I've not seen
them in my work.

I find the K10D to be cleaner than the DS at ISO 800, which most of
the time is as high as I use.

The DS' ISO 3200 setting I only used a couple of times ... it simply
wasn't very usable at all for my work.

Godfrey