As you pointed out previously, photo.net members see a lot less advertising. So that's obviously a critical difference in perception.

I'm hanging around on photo.net, but I'm also turning more to my own sites to market my photography. I have a virtual tour site up and running, although it's not complete, and I'm working on a wedding site. Of course to make them work, I'll have to buy advertising. No smiley. But targeted web advertising is a bargain. That's why we see so much of it.

BTW, thanks again for the help with the panos. You were right. 800K .mov files are quite adequate for my purposes.
Paul