Hi,

I'm just finishing a review of the same camera right at the moment (goes to our local computer/photo magazine). About the EVF - unfortunately no, it is NOT true 1.44Mpix. The viewfinder and TFT-screen both do have 480000 /color /image pixels. Still, it's best EVF I've seen so far.

Generally, I liked the camera, but the price... I tested Lumix G1 with both lenses it has (14-45 and 45-200) together with Pentax K-m double lens kit. G1 with 2 lenses costs ~990EUR here , K-m double lens kit is available at 500EUR and generally it does every trick that G1 knows (except LiveView that I still consider useless crap). Pentax has better high ISO performance, more real resolution (detail solving ability) and better handling (at least). Also, while Pentax DA L 50-200 is surprisingly capable lens, Lumix G 45-200 results are rather soft.
BR, Margus