2010/3/1 Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> I have traveled across 7 time zones back and forth twice in the past 4
> weeks. And this time the recovery is rather tiresome. I wonder what
> kind of advice (except, Boris, go visit a doctor) you could offer me
> in dealing with the jet lag. Initially I thought that traveling
> eastwards wasn't that much of a deal. But the last trip back and
> recovery thereafter are out of what I would have called an ordinary
> for me.

Surely you could find some reckless doc to prescribe sleeping pills
for you, but that's certainly not what I would consider.

Here are the motions I go through myself. They come without any
guarantees, and I suspect there's a good deal of placebo effect. Which
means you have to find remedies you truly believe in for yourself.

All in your local timezone (not your body's)
1. No caffeine after lunch.
2. Last big meal no later than 18:00. snacks/bites after that should
be low-carbo or at least slow-carbo.
3. If possible, excercise enough in the evening to make your body lust for rest.

The common note to those three is to make it easier to persuade the
brain to nap at earlier hours.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/