On 30/12/10, Christine Aguila, discombobulated, unleashed:

>When I got my 1st job (McDonalds) and minimum wage was $2.10 an hour;  I
>felt very rich at 15.  The non-computerized cash registers rattled like
>machine guns, and we had to give change without the help of a cash
>register--and we were good at it too.

Cool.

I have a few fragments of this and that, one of my foibles.

I have a piece of hardened clay a few inches across that I popped into
my pocket while filming at the business end of a 5 metre diameter tunnel
being dug by a large machine 15 metres under the main runway at
Heathrow. At that depth, I was told, the surrounding material was ex-
swamp and hadn't been uncovered for 60 million years.

I also have a smaller piece of stone from a wall that was part of the
ancient Roman Portus at Fiumicino - used to be the trading centre for
ships coming into the hub of the Empire.

About 25 years ago I went down a coal mine and had a small souvenir of
coal that lived on the mantelpiece at o0ur last house for years.
Apparently it fell off one day and someone thought it had dropped from
the coal bucket, so it was flung onto the fire! Oh well...

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__