Fine set of photographs, Chris. This one:
http://www.mitch.myzen.co.uk/WhiteSox/slides/_IGP2431.html
is my pick. Somehow it conveys the way I feel about professional sports displayed for the masses.

As for the game - it is just as enigmatic to us as it is to you. Though I heard that we have some teams here, mostly made by the people who moved to Israel from the United States, as one would naturally expect.

Boris