From: "Bob W"

On the subject of our tulip-munching cousins, I've just found a rather
interesting little factoid on this website:
<http://holland.cyclingaroundtheworld.nl/Five-reasons.html>.

"Holland has got the best cycle lane network in the world. You can cycle on
more than 19.000 kilometres of bicycles paths and lanes. It makes cycling in
Holland enjoyable and safe (Holland is the fourth safest country as far as
traffic concerns. Only the U.K., Sweden and Norway have lower numbers of
fatalities)"

Interesting, huh?

I'd be interested in why the UK, Sweden & Norway have lower numbers. Is it because they're safer places to ride or because they have fewer cyclists? Or something else?

I'd also be interested if pedestrians share the cycle lanes? The photos illustrating them make them look like what we call greenways around here; mixed use pedestrian & cycle ways.

-----
No virus found in this message.