Should be -
More important would be to know at which f stop each partiicular lens
is  sharpest.

I guess I'll have to start reading these before I hit send

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Waller" <kwal...@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: PDML members: What is your SHARPEST lens?

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I love Frank's sig: "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson

So I thought I would ask PDML members for their opinions on which lens
(or lenses) they would rank as the sharpest in their stable:
Overall and Wide Open

Every once in a while I have flirted with the notion of "testing" various lenses, but each time quickly realize two things. First, I have neither the patience nor the skill to properly do a comparative test. Second, it really doesn't matter. Some lenses feel right and give a pleasing result; other lenses I sell.

More important would be to know at which f stop each partiicular is sharpest.

So, a totally unscientific, very subjective answer to the question:

1. The only thing sharper than my FA* 200/4.0 macro is a Ginsu knife.
2. The A-120/4.0 macro (645 mount) was quite special also.
3. Of my more modern lenses, the 60-250/4.0 and 16-50/2.8 are both lenses that have no tradeoffs; i.e., I don't have to stop and think if I am sacrificing image quality in order to get the wide or long FOV I want. But the 50-135/2.8 is the one that is most often attached to a camera body.

stan