On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Collin Brendemuehl
<coll...@brendemuehl.net> wrote:
>>Unreliable AF with my studio lights is a huge problem.
>
> You use AF in a studio setting?  What f/l are you using?

I'm surprised that you seem surprised. Everyone I've shot with uses AF
in the studio. That's one of the main reasons for the modelling lights
and is one reason that using hotshoe flashes for studio work can be a
pain (no modelling light). I always make sure there's enough light one
way or another to AF. I'm getting into using continuous lights now
(LEDs or CFLs).

In the studio I shoot DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135 and the DA* 55, so a whole
range of f/l.

Sometimes I shoot manually, especially when the SDM in my DA* 50-135
started failing the second time. It starts out by getting annoyingly
sluggish so I switched to MF. But It's really hard to reliably MF a
long lens handheld, not to mention that without a ground glass or
split prism on the viewfinder MF is almost hopeless for me.

--
-bmw