Price is not the deciding factor in my continuing to buy Pentax. It is my
history with the brand, my lens cabinet(s), my familiarity (for the most part)
with the operation and handling of the various bodies and lenses.

If I want (need?) a piece of gear and I can afford it at the time, I get it. If
I can't, I don't.

I'm retired. Shoot every day in one form or another. Worry about what my
photo-dumb sisters will do with all this gear when I die. Ada would just throw
it out. Lucy would have it appraised, and be disappointed in the total price.

Hung a Hummingbird Feeder off the deck last weekend, so spending a lot of time
finding out how to capture the tiny beasties with pixels. They are pretty smart
little creatures. If I'm inside, they come up to the window and shoot looks
from several angles to see if I'm "hunting" them, and perhaps to ascertain
where the dogs are. Ot they could be preening in their reflection. chp, chp.