On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Word is it's also a non-issue up around 24 megapixels. I don't believe
>> anyone's seen moire in the Nikon body and they don't offer AA as an
>> option.
>
> I think it is a lot rarer to run into than people's initial
> expectations, but it has definitely been seen.
> Here's an example, along with a look at software removal success (or not).
> http://tashley1.zenfolio.com/blog/2012/7/d800e-and-moir-what-pp-gets-rid-of-it-best

That's a very interesting article, Darren. Thanks.

I was actually thinking of the Nikon D7100 which is closer in specs to
what the wishfully rumoured K-5 upgrade would likely be. Ie: it won't
"suffer" from the same sharpness issues as the 800E, so natural
gaussian blur is expected to have a soft AA effect.

--
-bmw