>From the pictures I have seen its a non issue on the D7100. I'm sure
it can be induced though. It's the nature of the bayer pattern. The
Foveon avoids it because there is no interpolation. The Trans-X avoids
it because IMHO it is sacrificing fine detail due to the way the
sensor is laid out and the resulting image is interpolated. Look at
the 5d mk2 comparison at dpreview and compare to the x-pro and k-5
iis. The k-5 is neck and neck with the 5dmk2 which has an AA filter.
The x-pro doesn't come close to either, but the resulting image looks
very sharp and gives the illusion of greater detail. This is my
opinion, but I compared these cameras for a very long time looking at
different parts of the scene and came to the conclusion that the k-5
iis can compete with 20mp full frame. I eagerly await a 24mp aps-c
sensor from pentax. Too bad most of my glass will be likely
outresolved. Especially my newer DA zooms. I expect some of my older
glass to hold up fairly well though. Primes especially.

I believe that quite a few MF cameras had removable AA filters. The
sigma SLRs have a glass piece in front of the mirror box that you can
remove for IR photography. Kind of cool actually. The nature of AA
filters probably requires them to be sandwiched on the sensor. I don't
know what is more reflective honestly. I bet the D800 without the AA
filter has a pretty shiny sensor too. There is quite a bit of metal in
between the actual photo receptors along with wiring that is actually
in front of them as well. Which is why BSI is all the rage in small
sensors now. All the glass and microlenses in front of the sensor are
probably fairly reflective as well. Its probably why the AA filters
are covered with multiple layers of coatings.