You don't really want to look inside any modern autofocus lens. Compared to even the cheapest old "brass" and glass manual focus lens they appear to be made of well the best was I can describe it is cheap roughly finished stampings. The Japanese especially have a knack of reducing the cost and making parts only as costly as they absolutely have to be. Let's take two similar lenses, which I've partially disassembled. a Vivitar 17-28mm rectilinear from the 1980's, and a Pentax FA 20-35mm rectilinear. The internal parts of the Vivitar were all metal, machined and cast very nicely finished, hand assembled and in operation the zoom and focus rings turned as smooth as silk. The Pentax, well except for a the gearing mostly plastic not rough finished but not the smoothest either, the gearing for the autofocus is aparently stainless steel and very nicely finished and pretty close fit, the rest fit together nicely but still a bit loose. The zoom and focus rings were nicely damped but the feel was plastic sliding on plastic, with the focus ring sometimes eliciting a slight whirring sound from the metal gearing. The difference, the Pentax focuses accurately at all focal lengths, the Vivitar not so much, those lovely finished cast and machined parts were made not of brass, but some kind of pot metal, that was too easily deformed, so a few moderate knocks and the focus while smooth made no apparent change in the viewfinder or on film, which was why I took it apart. The Pentax by the way got some fine grit in it's works, and I only took it apart enough to blow it out. Once reassembled it works well to this day. I've partially disassembled a number of autofocus lenses and really I don't want to know what's inside as long as they work. They remind me of computer programs under the covers.