Wed Aug 28 23:48:20 EDT 2013
Boris Liberman wrote:

> On 8/28/2013 10:52 PM, Zos Xavius wrote:
> > http://photorumors.com/2013/08/28/updated-pentax-k-mount-lens-roadmap-published/
> >
> > Huzzah!
> >

> That's an interesting development. It would seem that Pentax don't plan
> to introduce any *new* (I don't count DA limited with different coatings
> as new, sorry) prime lenses. I wonder if any of these zoom lenses will
> be faster than constant 2.8.

Wed Aug 28 17:12:14 EDT 2013
Larry Colen wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 04:04:25PM -0400, Stan Halpin wrote:
> > Interesting zoom range(s). But all shown as DA so far, not DA*.
> > And FINALLY an AF teleconverter. Again, DA rather than DA*. But after
> > waiting 15+ years, I guess I'll take what I can get.
>
> 18-85?
>
> If that's f/2.8 (or faster) that will go pretty much right to the
> top of my shopping list. Particularly if it's a DA* or at least WR.

Boris and Larry:
You are hoping for a faster-than-f/2.8 zoom.
I haven't seen such in K-mount, and I am not aware of any in other
mounts (but that might be my ignorance).

So, why do you think Pentax would produce such a fast zoom?
I don't think so. I even doubt it'd be 2.8, as otherwise it would've
been a DA* or a limited.

Igor