Also the 20-35mm is a constant aperture, which makes strobest style photography a bit easier.

On 6/13/2014 1:36 PM, Tim Øsleby wrote:
Speaking of FA 20-35. Sometimes it isn't wide enough. But I don't find
that a big issue. I just shoot a two vertical shots pano stitching it
afterwords.
--
MaritimTim

My private photo blog: http://maritimtim.blogspot.com/

To err is human
to arr is pirate

I see you compare the size of the 20-40 with the 31 Bill. That's a
zoom compared to a prime. I see it more as a compact zoom. Take a look
at the top picture here comparing it to the kit lens.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/hd-pentax-da-20-40mm-limited/construction-and-handling.html
It is larger than the standard kit lens, but one has hood mounted, the
other don't. (I rarely uses a lens without the hood mounted).

I also see from the illustrations that the natural focal length is 31
mm (that's where it is most compact). That's very cool, a 31mm normal
lens with zoom capabilities.

BTW. I've already got the FA 20-35. I already love that lens. Except
for the build quality, and lack of weather sealing. So I don't think I
will feel very limited by the Ltd.

All that said. I might end up buying both :-)

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken