Exactly, they don't lie, but they can't tell you the whole story
either. And they only show you reflected light, not incident. The more
tools you have to measure light the better informed you'll be with
more consistent results.

Still, not using histograms is to miss out on a lot of great exposure
info, and probably get poorer exposures.

--
-bmw