Are you quite certain you are using a fast enough SD card, and is
there any possibility that you might have enabled any processing
feature(s) that could be slowing things up?

Even with the much larger 645Z files I have _never_ encountered
anything like what you describe. If I had, I would have switched
systems by now. Five freaking minutes to empty the buffer?
Infuckingtolerable.

Try a factory reset and a known fast card.

--
-bmw