Bruce Walker wrote:
Are you quite certain you are using a fast enough SD card, and is

Mostly Sandisk, all of my (regular) cards are 80-95 MB/s.

there any possibility that you might have enabled any processing
feature(s) that could be slowing things up?

Thanks for the clue. I thought I had turned off all unnecessary processing, but it turns out that only the first item in lens processing was turned off.

Even with the much larger 645Z files I have _never_ encountered
anything like what you describe. If I had, I would have switched
systems by now. Five freaking minutes to empty the buffer?
Infuckingtolerable.

Try a factory reset and a known fast card.

I just tried turning off all lens correction, which I had to do on an item by item basis.

Is there anything else that anyone has found that makes a difference?