On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:18:42 -0600 Bill wrote:

>       We discussed the changes from the K1 to the K1II. For practical
> purposes there are three. The signal processor is all about cleaning up high
> ISO signals. It should have little to no effect at low
ISO, no matter what DPReview and Forums Neurotica say.

>       Handheld pixel shift has been discussed ad nauseam on Forums Neurotica.
> What Ricoh is saying is that the photographer needs a pretty steady hand to
> make it work properly. The native
shake caused by shutter bounce is enough to make it work.

>       The biggie, and what should be of interest is that they have rewritten
> the AF algorithm, the result being that autofocus has been sped up
> considerably. Gone is the slow down as the lens
approaches focus, gone is the check/double check routine that made the AF the
most accurate in the business at the expense of speed (well, except for the K5
and it's colour failure assisted focus
botch).

>       The AF algorithm should put Pentax into the AF speed game, except for
> the limited number of focus points. Expect a new camera to address that.

Sounds good, too bad they don't seem to be able to address that in the original
K1 firmware ...

I will wait for the next iteration and skip the K1 II.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards, JvW