I see some younger photographers who are making their initial purchase of
pro-level gear going to Pentax. While I agree that Pentax will likely focus on
pro and advanced amateur offerings, I think they can own the lower priced end
of that niche. Pentax is a bargain. The K-1 isn’t quite the equal of Nikon’s
best, but It is almost as capable and far less expenses. With in-camera shake
reduction that price advantage extends to lenses as well. The Pentax D FA
70-200/2.8 sells for about $1000 less than Nikon’s 70-200/2.8, and I would be
willing to bet the image quality is just as good.
Paul