At 08:56 PM 6/10/2018, Larry Colen wrote:

>For me, any auto exposure on studio strobes is useless.

I agree with Larry, but I use off-camera strobes a lot more in the field than
indoors. I have a pair of Vivitar 283s (the original Japanese model) modded for
5 VDC on the hot shoe (so they won't fry my wireless triggers) and with a
12-position manual duration setting in place of the sensor.

Dale H. Cook, many years as 35mm SLR photographer,
now Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-
around lens or SMC Pentax-A 50mm/f2 lens