I did learn something new today. The Sekonic L-408 Multimaster can meter reflected light flash using the spot meter function.

Tony was demonstrating how to control the color of light on a background, but the function only worked if you could first set the background light so it was three stops down from the main light & it wouldn't work with an incident reading (don't know why; that's what he was saying).

He was saying that only a few select meters are capable of taking reflected readings from flash; mainly one VERY EXPENSIVE Sekonic meter.

... and as it turns out the L-408 Multimaster.