Yes, we all have to work together to beat this plague.

Aside from going to the grocery store for supplies twice, and stopping to get a
take-out lunch today at a nearby restaurant on my walk, and riding my bicycle
on "isolation exercise" rides, I've barely left the condo for eight days. I
haven't seen anyone other than my partner closer than about 6 feet away in that
time, other than to use Apple Pay to touch a machine at the grocery store I
don't touch anything.

There are a bunch of different rules of lock down in different places. And
there's no credible analysis of which of them are working to diminish the
problem and which aren't as yet. That takes more days and more sample analysis
than can have been done so far.

Many will die, have died, in all the places where I see reportage. Some places
are showing slowdown in the advancement of the infections, others are still
accelerating. I haven't seen much reportage from South America or Africa yet.
The body counts could be enormous; I just don't know.

And the blowhard in chief is talking about things as if it were already over
and done. 'We can do more than one thing! We can get back to work and save
everyone too! Enough of this being closed down! We'll come back strong! …' and
so forth. Fecking imbecile.

Keep working at it, follow sensible precautions until the situation is properly
addressed, ignore (and fire) the imbeciles. That's what we can do.