> On 27 April 2021 at 17:45 Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/27/2021 10:22 AM, mike wilson wrote:
> > Thanks, Bill.  I think the last I remember of your renovations was trying
> > to decide whether to construct a mezzanine or not.  Is that right?
>
> I don't recall that ever being in the plan. We did leave a loft
> overlooking the main floor, but that was in the plan right from the
> start. Right now we are trying to decide if we want to extend the second
> floor over part of it to add another bedroom, as we only have one.
> The price of building materials being what they are right now, it's
> going to be in the planning phase for a very long time.
> Dimensional lumber is something like three times what it should be, and
> sheet products such as softwood plywood and OSB are between two and 5
> times more than they have any right to be.
>
> bill

Prices here have gone up but not to those levels.  My gripe at the moment is
that every company I approach to buy replacements/spares has gone extinct.  A
repacement piece of guttering turns into a whole system change and turns from a
£10 job into a £130 one.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List