Hi Alin,

on 26 Nov 02 you wrote in pentax.list:

>  Heiko, I'm not sure I can follow you. Do you complain of 3/5n
>  screens having a too fine texture? What's that bad with it - do you
>  think it make them too dark?

No, it's not too dark. The texture is too fine. As it nearly looks like
glass, I find it quite difficult to find the optimal focus point.
Instead of certain focus point there is a range in which the picture
seems to be sharp. How can I explain that? If you focus your lens, then
you will notice three points:

- the transition from completely unsharp to sharp (A)
- the transition from sharp to completely unsharp (B)
- exactly in the middle of this range lies the optimal focus point

My point is, that the range between (A) and (B) is bigger in case of my
MZ-5n than in case of my LX. This is because of the texture on the MZ-5n
screen is much finer than that of the LX.

>  I believe that changing the texture density also affects the screen
>  transparency and throws off the meter.

This might be the reason for the screens having identical textures.

>  Anyway, I'm glad to hear Pentax (Germany, at least) offers a grid
>  screen for 5n. I always wanted one.

They don't offer this in an official ad or on their webpage. I've read
it in a book and asked them (they confirmed that). Maybe you should
simply ask your Pentax office. There are five or six screens, iirc.

Regards, Heiko