On 26 Nov 2002 at 15:16, Tom Reese wrote:

> I have the same problem. I find it helpful to pick out a small bright spot
> in the image (catchlight in the eye for example) and focus for that as it
> tends to "snap" into focus more readily than textures or some other focusing
> point.

OK this is really interesting, reason being is that I find it very easy almost
all of the time to focus with the full matt screens and most particularly the
new series with the ultra-fine matt texture. What I can say is that I believe
that the lenses open aperture sharpness seems to have more to do with ease of
focussing that I imagined.

The reason that I make this correlation is that I find the A50/2.8 macro more
snappy to focus than the A50/1.2 using the same screen and body. All my lenses
are reasonably sharp primes apart from my 24-90 Zoom (which doesn't often find
its way onto my camera in any case).

So my question is are there certain lenses that seem more difficult to focus
for you when using a full matt screen?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA