All,

Correction, and just to be as clear  possible, when I wrote:

the idea of "a deliberate, or self-controlled" process leading to the
belief in an esthetic summum bonum of "the reasonable in itself," is in a
sense, if not derived from at least a gift of *logica utens*, and provides
here one example of the consequence of these three sciences acting upon
each other *in scientific practice*.

I erroneously wrote logica utens when I meant to write logica docens.

What I wast trying to convey is that the "gift" of logica *docens* to
esthetic (should my abduction be correct) is not at all the esthetic summum
bonum itself, but merely the notion of "a deliberate or self-controlled"
process allowing one to arrive at it (just reflect on the logical moves
Peirce makes to arrive at ti).

Since I discovered my erratum, I've thought that I suppose one could argue
that a logica utens is sufficient for such a self-controlled process. So,
now I'm not so certain.

Best.

Gary

*Gary Richmond*