Helmut. lists,

" . . .the concept of communication can be widened to the concept of
interaction- . . . "

I think 'interaction" is necessary but not sufficient for "communication".
Persons A and B can interact without communicating. We have seen many
examples of this in married couples and among members of these lists.  This
is because "interactions" are dyadic and "communications" are triadic.  In
other words, dyadic communications cannot lead to any communication.  Only
triadic interactions can, as shown in Figure 1.

                                   f                 g
                Person A  ------>  Sign  ------->  Person B
                 (Object)                              (Interpretant)
                     |                                             ^
                     |__________________________|

*Figure 1. * Distinguishing between "interaction" and "communication".  A
can interact with B   by sending sound signals (i.e., through steps f and
g) but A may not be able to send any message to B, if B's mind is unable to
receive A's message for one reason or another (e.g., lack of a common
language, or A is too obsessed with his own ideas).  A is said to
communicate with B IF and ONLY IF Steps f, g, and h are engaged, i.e., IF
and ONLY IF, the interaction is triadic, not dyadic.  f = sign production;
g = sign reception or interpretation; h = information flow, i.e.,
communication

All the best.

Sung

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Helmut Raulien <h.raul...@gmx.de> wrote:

> [...]
> nothing could happen?
> Best,
> Helmut
>
>  25. Oktober 2015 um 19:06 Uhr
>  frances.ke...@sympatico.ca wrote:
>

> To listers, here is my take on this snarl of twine for what it is worth.
>
> Objects emerging from pure phenomenal forms and their ideal things need
> only be nonsign representamen that bear phenomenal continuence and yield
> phenomenal existence. Objects that continue to exist as representamen can
> be synechastic objects that are not signs, and even semiosic objects that
> are either not signs or that are signs. Phenomenal objects can seemingly
> be mystically phantural, or materially physical, or mentally psychical.
> Existent
> synechastic objects initially are phenomenal representamen, but are not
> yet signs nor semiotic tridents or terns in their formal structure, until
> they become semiosic objects by way of representation; but some existent
> semiosic objects also need not be signs, until enacted as signs by
> signers. Existent semiosic objects are likely to become phenomenal
> representamen that are signs by way of represented evolution, and whose
> formal structure is hence a tridential tern; which is composed of a sole
> represented vehicle in a medium, and a pair of referred objects in a
> ground, and a tern of interpreted effects as a subject.
>
> The determinence and dependence in semiosis for the dyadic pair of objects
> and the triadic tern of interpretants is not necessarily progressive or
> hierarchical in a strict categoral manner. It seems that the immediate
> referred object determines the immediate vehicular representamen, and
> that this form of vehicle then determines and is embedded in the
> immediate interpretant subject, and that this immediate interpretant
> subject determines both the dynamic referred object together with the dynamic
> interpretant subject, and that this dynamic interpretant subject
> determines the final interpretant subject. The dependence of these
> semiosic forms would seem to be in the reverse order.
>
> The whole wide world is felt by stuff to be a phenomenal representamen,
> but not necessarily as an object nor a sign or signer. What makes forms
> and things and beings and objects and mediums into signs, and as signs of
> other objects and as signers of signs, is the act of representation, which is
> felt to permeate the whole phenomenal being of the world.
>
> (In the first grand division of informative or grammatic semiotics and
> semiosis, the common terms of sign and object and subject are often
> vague, and perhaps for contextual clarity should therein be called
> representants
> and referentants and interpretants. Furthermore, all semiosic forms as
> vehicles and mediums and objects and subjects are in fact phenomenal
> representamen
> and existent objects, and all such objects in fact are mostly and usually

Sungchul Ji, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers University
Piscataway, N.J. 08855
732-445-4701