Jon, List,

I've been away and haven't been able to track the entire thread
but it's ground we've been over many times before and the bits
I've been able to sample seem to fall into familiar patterns.

Generally speaking I haven't observed that much difficulty with the
use of these words in logic, math, science, or even to a large extent
in ordinary language, probably because practical use demands a modicum
of flexibility and context-sensitivity from the relevant language users.
It is only when people try to make metaphysical hay out of these simple
signs that a certain rigidity sets in and disputes of a quasi-religious
character begin to rule the day.

Regards,

Jon