OK, very interesting. - But not viable to any kind of an answer to the question of the nature of relationship between quality and generality.

CSP is just throwing some loose characerizations to the field.

What he happened to write (e.g in his notebooks), or even his published papers, were not pieces of Gospel, sanctified by a church.

Peirce especially pointed out that he does not wish to be a shepherd followed by a flock of sheep.

That every single one must find out the truth (is there is any) of what he claims to be true.

Which means worki, work and work. Not just whimsical definions.

The relation between qualities and generality was something CSP worked on the whole of his life.

A couple quotes does not amount to anything like that.

By the way, CSP did not solve this problem!

He just pointed out ways this promlem may be solvable. - As you know, in math these kinds of things are taken as huge steps forward.

Best wishes,

Kirsti