Clark, list: Hmm - it's always interesting to read how others view
oneself.

        I hadn't thought that I was saying that " that thinking of all this
in the idealist ways Peirce did is wrong. That is we should
appropriate Peirce more in a materialistic way"

        I don't know what the above actually means - 'idealist' and
'materialist way'.

        My frustration on this list often comes because of the focus on
'pure philosophy' so to speak - and I see Peircean semiosis as
operating in the material as well as the conceptual world. What
interests me is 'how does a morphological organism develop and
function in this world' - and I consider that it does so by Peircean
semiosic principles. That is, I think we can understand how plants
interact and informationally network with each other - by semiosis -
and thus are not simple mechanical systems.

        I'm not sure if entropy is limited to a more narrow area...

 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Wed 05/04/17  4:13 PM , Clark Goble cl...@lextek.com sent: