BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 Jerry - is there much difference between standard Darwinism and
Neo-Darwinism with regard to how adaptation and evolution emerges and
develops?

 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Thu 06/04/17  2:51 PM , Jerry Rhee jerryr...@gmail.com sent:
        Edwina,
        I put myself forth as a biologist before anything else and I object
to your classification of mutation/natural selection (rather, descent
with modification) as a neoDarwinian hypothesis.  That’s just
terrible.
        There is a lot that has been contemplated about chance/spontaneity
in evolutionary processes.  Goldschmidt’s hopeful monsters and
Waddington’s epigenetic landscape and atavism come to mind (cf.,
Baldwin effect).
        From a quick glance of the introduction of Brooks/Wiley book, I
suspect there ought to be no contradictions between these since it
was Waddington who organized the Bellagio conference.
        Best,
 Jerry R