Clark-list; I'm not saying that biology is reducible to physics!!!!
Physics doesn't have that self-organization or 'negentropy that
biology has.

        I don't see how or where I am rejecting Peirce's views. I don't see
that chance 'enables habit'; it breaks up some habits and allows for
different habits to develop. As Peirce writes.."non-habitual
reactions take place; and these tend to weaken the habit" 6.264.  I
see the non-habitual as Firstness/chance - which 'tend to weaken the
habit'.

        I think that a decrease in entropy, DOES matter, for it means that a
particular ecosystem is losing its capacity for diversity and novelty.
A peat bog, for instance, has a very low 'diversity-count', while a
meadow has a huge range of diversity of plant and insect/animal life.

 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Wed 05/04/17  4:25 PM , Clark Goble cl...@lextek.com sent: