Edwina, List:

I understand your hesitancy, and appreciate your willingness to offer some
comments.

1.  Not surprisingly, your analysis makes sense within your model of
semiosis, in which a "Sign" is an (inter)action; but not within mine, in
which a "Sign" is one of three Correlates in a triadic relation that
corresponds to a "Sign-action."  Again, what you call "agents" are what I
call "Quasi-minds" based on my reading of Peirce in which the utterer and
interpreter are individual Quasi-minds that become "welded" in the Sign,
which serves as a medium for communication of a Form between them.

2.  I do not see how a "perfect Sign" as defined by Peirce can be a mere
Rheme, since it is "the aggregate formed by a sign and all the signs which
its occurrence carries with it" (EP 2:545n25).  It instead must be an
Argument, which necessarily *involves* Dicisigns, which necessarily *involve
*Rhemes; and its Conclusion is the one Interpretant that this complex of
connected Signs produces (cf. CP 250-253, EP 2:292-294; 1903).  In
Existential Graphs, where the Quasi-mind is the sheet of assertion or
Phemic Sheet, "We are to imagine that two parties collaborate in composing
a Pheme [Dicisign], and in operating upon this so as to develop a Delome
[Argument] ... The two collaborating parties shall be called the *Graphist *and
the *Interpreter* ... the *Quasi-mind* in which the Graphist and
Interpreter are at one, being ... a Pheme [Dicisign] of all that is tacitly
taken for granted between the Graphist and Interpreter" (CP 4.552-553;
1906).  I understand its "capacity for adaptive growth of knowledge" to be
its "susceptibility of determination" (EP 2:545n25); i.e., its capability
for Habit-changes as Final Interpretants upon further determination by
additional Signs (learning by experience).