Cf: Semiotics, Semiosis, Sign Relations : 8
At:
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2019/11/09/semiotics-semiosis-sign-relations-%e2%80%a2-8/

Continuing questions about "infinite semiosis" vs. "unbounded semiosis"
prompt me to make another comment by way of bringing our focus to bear
on the empirical context of semiosis and sign relations.

The semiotic question goes back to a line from Peirce and the uses later
writers like Eco and Derrida made of it.  But the real issue is not about
the cardinality or topology of any sub-posed continuum, "signiferous ether",
or semiotic medium so much as the empirical data streams we actually have,
which are captured categorically and coded discretely as sequences of signs.

Regards,

Jon