Jon, List

  I am familiar with this type of confusion, and it is not because it has
been in Wikipedia for 15 years that it is validated. It existed in my
immediate environment that I finally break.  I will first make some remarks
and then ask you a question.

The remark: you spend without justification six different grammatical forms
allowing six different predicates to describe the same phaneron by linking
the letters A, B, C, in six ways to the six purely formal combinations of
the three letters S, O, and I. For each of the six combinations, which
predicate? A Y diagram with three free ends where the letters S, O, I
circulate might be the answer? (I can't think of any other, but you tell
me...) But then you spend from the six different ways given by Pierce to
express a single phaneron grammatically = the fact that an object in the
world has changed ownership (in all six grammatical cases, it is the same
fact that has happened in the real world) to the semiotic with six
combinations of three letters O, S, I which one wonders about the relation
with what precedes. Indeed, if O is the object of a sign, S the sign itself
(= the concrete thing that represents) and I the interpreter, that makes
three distinct elements possibly present to the mind according to the
focus, so three distinct phanerons, two out of mind and the third is a
determination of this mind. In passing, I note that you illustrate by
quotations from Peirce only three combinations (what about the other
three?) whose coherence is open to discussion.  Finally, you quote
2.228-229 (1902) and 2.230 (1910) from which it seems that Liszka would
have drawn (by observation?) four normative conditions that a sign should
fulfill, in which, if he retains that the sign determines the interpretant,
and represents the object thanks to ground, he still ignores that the
object determines the sign, although almost all the definitions after
1904-1905 expressly stipulate it.  Now, because we have a sign with three
elements, each of which can also be present in mind, Peirce can classify
the signs according to the categorial belonging of each of them (I have
modeled it).
So my question is: How will you get the 10 classes of signs, let alone the
28 (and I'm not talking about the 66 that are still not defined)? With OSI,
I presume? What will be the use of the 5 others?
  Best regards,
Robert Marty
NB: just now, I see that you had posted before I finished reacting. At
first glance, I see that the Cartesian product O x Sx I partially answers
my question above but does not inform me about the rest.
Honorary Professor; Ph.D. Mathematics; Ph.D. Philosophy
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Marty
*https://martyrobert.academia.edu/ <https://martyrobert.academia.edu/>*