Jon:

> On May 16, 2020, at 7:13 PM, Jon Alan Schmidt <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> Second, I have never suggested that the final interpretant "functions BEFORE" 
> the immediate and dynamical interpretants.  What I have argued is that the 
> final interpretant logically determines the dynamical interpretant, such that 
> a sign that would produce a feeling under ideal circumstances can only 
> actually produce a feeling, while only a sign that would produce a further 
> sign under ideal circumstances can actually produce a further sign.  
> Moreover, I have explicitly and repeatedly denied that this has anything 
> whatsoever to do with the temporal sequence of these interpretants.

I concur with these assertions.
The proof theory of chemistry emerges from the necessity of a coherent set of 
final interpretants that align the molecular weights with the molecular formula 
and molecular structures with the existential signs (sin-signs).  Bedrocks 
manifest themselves.

Cheers

Jerry
-----------------------------
PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L 
to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . To 
UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to [email protected] with the 
line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at 
http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .




Reply via email to