Jon Alan, List

I repeat this debate with you and it leads me to ask you a preliminary
question that I should have asked you on September 22, 2018, but I probably
did not have very clear ideas 18 months ago. Here it is: what you say this:

" The *Destinate* Interpretant is what the Sign is destined to signify at
the end of infinite inquiry by an infinite community; i.e., the Final
Interpretant"?

Because this quote troubles me a little: " In that second part, I call
"truth" the *predestinate* opinion,17 by which I ought to have meant that
which would ultimately prevail if investigation were carried sufficiently
far in that particular direction." (The Essential Peirce A Sketch of
Logical Critics  p.457)

It seems to me in complete fact that if this were the case the whole of
humanity would be doomed to wait until the end of eternity to succeed in
its first communication. Unless an immanent power deposits it in all minds
at the moment of the perception of the sign? Should we read "predestinate"?

 Because there's a perception, isn't there? You will not be able to escape
the chronology until the end of time: the signs that actually occur in
social life must be taken care of by the theory of signs, shaped to be
subjected to analysis, debated ... Etc... Otherwise what are we doing here?

Best regards,

Robert