Gary R., List:

GR: ... *Practical Sciences* (what we today refer to as applied arts and
sciences, which Peirce holds to be far too many to even list so that he
never offers any more than just a few diverse examples of them) ...

Actually, he wrote a long manuscript on the subject--over 18,000
words--intended as a chapter of *Minute Logic* and entitled, "Of the
Classification of the Sciences. Second Paper. Of the Practical Sciences" (R
1343, 1902). I transcribed it a few years ago, and anyone interested in
reading it is welcome to send me an e-mail off-List. Peirce begins with a
classification of human instincts, which then serves as the basis for his
classification of the practical sciences.

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian