Cf: Semiotics, Semiosis, Sign Relations • Discussion 16
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2021/09/02/semiotics-semiosis-sign-relations-discussion-16/

Re: FB | Semeiotics
https://www.facebook.com/Semeiotic/posts/4441505199249593
::: Marius V. Constantin
https://www.facebook.com/groups/964364967280710/posts/1502285400155328/

Marius Constantin asked a series of questions
which allow me to clear up a number of points.

<QUOTE MVC:>
Have you taken into consideration the difference
between weak negation and strong negation?
</QUOTE>

I always begin classically where logic is concerned — I guess that means
“strong” negation — we make a stronger start and get better mileage on
that basis before we run into the specialized circumstances, mainly
in computational and generalized semiotic settings, which force us
to weaken our logic.

<QUOTE MVC:>
It is so-called semiotic negation, which, by the way, was an aspect, for me,
in so-called resolution logic (Ch. Sanders Peirce is mentioned on that one).
</QUOTE>

I had a computer science course on resolution-unification theorem provers
at U. Illinois in the mid 1980s.  If that’s the same sort of resolution,
it generalizes the modus ponens inference rule, all of which exemplify
implicational inference.  Peirce’s logical graphs allow a degree of
equational or information-preserving inference, a fact which
Spencer Brown drew out and made more clear.

Regards,

Jon