Edwina, List:

ET: Prayer is, in my view, a psychological form of behaviour - among ALL
human populations.

Okay, but clearly this is not *Peirce's *view. Again, he states plainly
that prayer is a universal human instinct by which the soul expresses
consciousness of its relation to God.

ET: That is - since our knowledge base is not innate but learned, then,
homo sapiens must function as a collective.

On the contrary, according to Peirce, *some *of our "knowledge base" is
instinctive rather than learned. After all, "unless man have a natural bent
in accordance with nature's, he has no chance of understanding nature, at
all" (CP 6.477, EP 2:444, 1908)

ET: As a side note, to my awareness, Peirce's cosmology doesn't refer to
'god', [ie, compare with Aquinas' and Aristotle's unmoved Mover, First
Cause, etc].

Only if one blatantly begs the question by insisting that "A Neglected
Argument for the Reality of God" is somehow *not *an exposition of Peirce's
cosmology. I obviously think that it is, given that I wrote a paper
entitled "A Neglected Additament: Peirce on Logic, Cosmology, and the
Reality of God" (https://tidsskrift.dk/signs/article/view/103187).

Regards,

Jon S.